My name is Sue Williamson, and I have loved dogs (and many other animals for that matter) as far back as I can remember. One of my first memories is laying under my Grandparents Belfast sink with my Auntie’s German Shepherd – Tara.
When I was a child, a relative gave me a little black poodle, called Tina. Tina was one of the reasons I wanted to work with dogs when I grew up. Unfortunately, somewhere along the way that got pushed to one side and I finished up working in administration. Working up from secretarial positions to administration management, I left employment in January 2016 to follow my childhood dream of working with animals, and in particular – dogs.
After I lost Tina, I had to wait over 20 years to get another dog, although I interacted with dogs on a regular basis. My next dog was Kelly, a black collie cross. She was the most placid and loving dog. Since Kelly I have been guardian to six dogs two of whom I have had to say goodbye Kira my gorgeous black Labrador who we lost in 2018 due to a lung tumour, and Raffi, Lemon and White working cocker spaniel who was killed in a road accident in 2016.
I currently have four dogs, Taz, a male black show cocker spaniel, – who was the reason I got a deeper interest in training and Tellington TTouch Training, Ritzi, a miniature parti Poodle (black and white), Chic, a brown miniature poodle, (pronounced Sheek), and new boy on the block Lemon Roan Working Cocker Spaniel Talis. I have done training with all my dogs, including basic obedience, gundog training, platform training and agility. I have competed at agility with both Taz (grade 5), and Kira (grade 3) and Raffi (Grade 4), and will be competing with Talis in 2020.
- Certificate in Dog Grooming (L.A. Spa & Groom)
- ISCP Diploma in Dog Behaviour
- Advanced Tutor in Animal Centered Education (ACE)
- Tellington TTouch Practitioner (P2)
- Diploma (Distinction) Advanced Dog Grooming (Leicester Academy of Dog Grooming)
- Certificate in Dog Behavior (ISCP)
- Certificate in Canine First Aid
- IABTC Puppy Training Classes Certificate
- Diploma in Canine Communication (New Skills Academy)
- Dog Training College Level 2 Canine Body Language