This one-day workshop will teach you a number of techniques to help to build a more trusting relationship with dogs during grooming, leading to a calmer dog and calmer groomer.
Tellington TTouch Training is a very gentle technique which recognises the link between physical, emotional and mental wellbeing and their impact on behaviour. Using a range of these TTouches, as well as other trust based techniques which you will learn during the day, you will be able to help calm dogs and build up a higher level of trust between the dog and yourself, leading to a more relaxed groom.
During the workshop you will learn about:
- The Autonomous Nervous System and why dogs react
- Calming signals/Stress Indicators
- Trigger stacking and how to reduce the effects
- Observation Skills and what to look out for
- Background of Tellington TTouch Training and a number of touches I use whilst grooming
- Several other trust based techniques.
Following the workshop you will receive additional information to help expand your knowledge and act as a reminder of the course content.
Fee is £75 which includes refreshments, including lunch.
You do not have to bring a dog, but you are more than welcome to bring a dog subject to any behavioural issues.
This workshop can also be delivered at your salon or a venue organised by yourself if you wish. Please do not hesitate to contact me for further information.
Feedback from previous delegates:
- Learned so much. Sue is an enthusiastic, warm and friendly teacher and so knowledgeable (Sonia Rowley)
- Glad I came, feel armed with tools to use when grooming (Georgie Buxton)
- Detailed, engaging and easy to understand (Jade Bell)
- Very interesting workshop full of tips to help groomers (Cassandra Stephens)